The children’s ministry of DRBC exists to glorify god by:
- Supporting and encouraging parents who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children (Ephesians 6:4)
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, and to interact with each other and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Serving parents by freeing them to fully participate in worship services (Hebrews 10:25)
We believe children are a gift from the Lord, and we take seriously our responsibility to steward their souls and their safety.
Due to the coronavirus, our typical children’s ministry offerings have been altered.
During the Equipping Hour (currently 9:15am), children’s ministry is available for grades K-6.
During the Main Service, children’s ministry is available for children ages 4 and under. We use a Bible-based curriculum that teaches age-appropriate truths about God and His Son, Jesus. Classes are grouped by family rather than age, meaning that siblings are kept in the same room. We also do our best to place children with other children they contact during the week to reduce additional exposures. Volunteers thoroughly clean classrooms each week.
Parents need to sign up their children in advance, which can be done using the following links:
At DRBC, providing a safe environment for children to learn about Jesus is our top priority. All childcare volunteers are church members who have been screened, interviewed, and trained before being allowed to serve. Most of the children’s ministry volunteers are moms and dads themselves. They follow a strict policy and have a lot of fun!
If you have any questions about our children’s ministry, please contact us at email@example.com.