Del Ray Baptist Church (DRBC) has a historic witness in Alexandria dating back to the late 1800s, a history of church planting (during the 1920’s and 1950’s), and a long-term investment in the facility that DRBC currently owns and maintains. Since 1997, DRBC has provided leased space in the facility to Alexandria Presbyterian Church (APC), a fellow Bible-believing congregation that seeks to be a strong witness to the Gospel in this area. We praise God for the good work that he has accomplished through this friendly relationship, and trust that both congregations have benefited from the shared use of the facility.
We pray that God would give us grace to be good stewards of this resource, and work hard to maintain it and make it useful for God’s purposes and glory. But we also recognize that, as God continues to bless the work of both DRBC and APC, the walls of the building won’t be able contain both churches—and that our shared use of the facility will need to come to an end. In the meantime, DRBC is excited to work together with APC in our common desire to preach the gospel and to build the local church for God’s glory—earnestly looking forward to the return of our King!