The children’s ministry of DRBC exists to glorify god by:
- Supporting and encouraging parents who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children (Ephesians 6:4)
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, and to interact with each other and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Serving parents by freeing them to fully participate in worship services (Hebrews 10:25)
We believe children are a gift from the Lord and we take seriously our responsibility to steward their souls and their safety.
During the 9:30 hour we offer a nursery for children ages 0-2 (room 303), Sunday School classes for children ages 3-Pre-K (room 306), K-2nd Grade (room 305), and 3rd-5th Grade (room 301), and a Bible study for Junior High and High School students. Each of the classes have Bible-based curriculum that teach age-appropriate truths about God and His Son Jesus.
During the main service we offer nursery for children ages 0-2 (0-1 in room 303 and 2’s in room 305). We also provide a children’s ministry hour during the sermon for children ages 3-Pre-K (room 306). We use a curriculum similar to the 9:30 hour which highlights ways God has revealed what He is like throughout the Old Testament. During the evening service we offer nursery for children ages 0-3 (room 303).
Once you sign in each of your children, we’ll ask for your phone number in case we need to contact you during the service via text, and then we’ll have childcare policies for you to take with you.
At Del Ray, providing a safe environment for children to learn about Jesus is our top priorities. All childcare volunteers are screened, interviewed, and trained before being allowed to serve. Most of the childcare volunteers are moms and dads themselves. They follow a strict policy and have a lot of fun!
If you have any questions about our children’s ministry, please contact us at email@example.com.